Graham: Build Back Better Will Be Death Blow To Our Economy
CBO analysis requested by Graham shows true cost $4.9 trillion, adds $3 trillion to debt.
WASHINGTON – Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today held a press conference to discuss the Congressional Budget Office’s (CBO) ten-year analysis of certain provisions in the Democrats’ Reckless Tax and Spend bill.
CBO confirmed the true cost of the bill is $4.9 trillion, and it adds $3 trillion in new debt.
- GRAHAM: “Soaring inflation and the true cost of Build Back Better are twin daggers aimed at the heart of the American economy.”
- GRAHAM: “Inflation is the enemy of the working people in America and Build Back Better will drive inflation higher.”
- GRAHAM: “Without gimmicks, what will the bill cost? We now know it more than doubles the costs. If you want to keep these programs in place, you need to come up with $3 trillion in offsets – not $365 billion – to make it deficit neutral. It is an eight-fold increase.”
- GRAHAM: “The radical left could care less. They are on a mission to pass the monstrosity known as Build Back Better come hell or high water.”
- GRAHAM: “As written, Build Back Better is a lie. If you don’t believe me look at what CBO says.”
Click Here to Watch the Full Press Conference
Next Article Previous Article